A Look at Paradise Island Bahamas
Paradise Island in The Bahamas is a small island, measuring approximately 1.1 square miles, surrounded by white sandy beaches and the bright blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. When viewed on a map, it appears to be attached to New Providence Island, home of the capital city of Nassau, but they are two distinct islands that are connected by two bridges.
In the 1950s, Paradise Island underwent a rebranding and was developed to become a gambling oasis for the rich and famous, with casinos, drinks, and partying as the name of the game. Today some of the island’s legacy lives on, as The Atlantis Bahamas Casino is located within the area, surrounded by resorts, hotels, and high-end gated communities. There are fine dining establishments, exclusive nightclubs, advanced superyacht marinas, the championship Ocean Club Golf Course on the island, and fun tourist activities and excursions.
With the world-famous Cabbage Beach, Paradise Beach, and Cove Beach, the warm tropical nights, and the laid-back island attitude, visitors and permanent residents on the island enjoy the relaxing Caribbean vibe island living entails. Paradise Island’s crystal-clear waters, delicious food, and island vibe draw thousands of tourists and long-term residents each year, offering high-end luxury amenities, spas, shopping, and more for a safe, slow-paced, and relaxing island experience.
Transportation Options on Paradise Island
Getting around Paradise Island is easy. Whether you are heading to the nearby casino or going into Nassau for a day of Bahamian culture, you have several options to choose from for your transportation needs.
- Walking: Paradise Island Bahamas is small in size, so you may opt to go to some of the close destinations on foot. Walking is common for locals and tourists alike in this area and many sidewalks, restaurants, and shops can accommodate wheelchairs and walking assistance devices.
- Golf cart: If you are traveling further than a few blocks, you may wish to take a golf cart.
- Rent a car: Driving yourself around this community is easy, even if it is your first time on the island because it is so small. If you take a wrong turn, go back the way you came. Getting lost is nearly impossible.
- City transit (jitney): A jitney is a public bus. While they don’t run on Paradise Island, there is a convenient bus stop at the base of the bridges in Nassau which run from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily with very cheap fares, making them popular for island locals.
- Taxi: You have several taxi options to choose from, offering services that include private tours, hotel-to-airport taxis, grocery delivery, babysitting, and wheelchair rentals, with efficient on-time transportation, getting you where you need to go.
- Ferryboat or water taxi: Getting to the capital city of Nassau from Paradise Island over the water is easy. Just go to Potter’s Cay Dock and hop on one of the daily runs to Nassau between the hours of 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Round-trip tickets cost less than $10 USD.
Other Bahamas Transportation Considerations
Some things to consider when choosing transportation in The Bahamas:
- There is a lack of rideshare options… but that’s not a bad thing: The Bahamas does not have rideshare apps like Uber or Lyft because taxi drivers are unionized, protecting their local industry and keeping taxi prices down. So although it may seem like an inconvenience at first, the lack of rideshare companies is better for the drivers and your wallet.
- Cars drive on the left: If you rent a car, you need to know how to drive on the left side of the road, which may be a big challenge to Americans and people from other right-side driving locales.
- Public transit is safe: Jitneys (or minibusses) are tourist- and budget-friendly transportation options when heading into Nassau, allowing you a glimpse into the daily life of the average Bahamian.
- Jitneys can be unreliable: It is important to remember that jitneys only run during daylight hours, between 6:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. local time, and they have no designated stops or schedules to follow. That’s something you will have to get used to.
Paradise Landing on Paradise Island: A New Place to Live in Paradise
Paradise Landing offers you the chance to live your best life on Paradise Island in The Bahamas. We are a mixed-use community at the completely redesigned Hurricane Hole Superyacht Marina, with retail, offices, restaurants, condos, and amenities for owners, guests, and crew, and soon to come are the next phase of luxury dockside residences which will include:
- Sleek and modern design elements.
- Floor-to-ceiling windows facing the water (all units are waterfront).
- Indoor and outdoor spaces flow together, complimenting the natural surroundings.
- Private key-fob elevator access that opens directly into the home.
- Covered and secured long-term parking.
- Advanced security measures, including face-recognition cameras and 24-hour uniformed patrols.
- A private gym and several luxury swimming pools.
Hurricane Hole Superyacht Marina has been a safe haven for boaters for decades. It has been newly renovated to accommodate yachts up to 420 feet long, with a deep-water turning basin, fixed concrete and floating docks with electrical points every 50 feet, boat detailing and cleaning services, in-slip pump out and fueling, and on-deck food and wine delivery.
Planned services and amenities at Paradise Landing include three on-site restaurants, state-of-the-art fitness facilities, lounge areas, pools, a gourmet-curated grocery store, a liquor and wine store, office space, a hair and nail salon, a pharmacy, and a medical clinic. Residents will also be able to join the exclusive Ocean Club and the Beach and Tennis Club, using the Atlantis pools and concierge.
Elevated contemporary living meets convenience at Paradise Landing. You will have an on-bar & site concierge to assist you in everything from booking a spa day to renting a car or golf cart. A poolside grill provides you with delicious food without stepping out of the front gate. Owners can purchase a boat slip at the new Hurricane Hole Superyacht Marina directly in front of the residences. We even offer a port of entry service for people arriving directly by boat from another country.
If you have been dreaming about living the Caribbean island life, consider Paradise Landing on Paradise Island, Bahamas. Enjoy the tax benefits that come with living in The Bahamas, including the income, estate, and capital gains tax exemptions that have been attracting more and more foreign investors, as you enjoy the sunshine, scenery, and entertainment of this incredible location. Our gated community offers security and comfort just a short distance from the best casinos, nightclubs, restaurants, and entertainment available on the island.
If you are considering moving to The Bahamas and want to learn more about our newly renovated Hurricane Hole Superyacht Marina and the residences at Paradise Landing, please contact our sales team now. We can answer your questions and let you know the ins and outs of becoming a resident of this gorgeous tropical island resort paradise. Call 242-677-1900 today. Our team is standing by, and we look forward to doing business with you.