What it’s Like to Play Golf in the Bahamas
Whether you’re a novice or professional, the world-class golf course in The Bahamas offers a challenging and exotic golf experience. With the view of the Atlantic Ocean on every swing and the rich natural beauty of Bahamian golf courses, golfers from all over the world dream of playing at one of the many top golf courses in The Bahamas.
Play championship courses that wind through ideally mangroves, rocky peninsulas, and wind-swept dunes. The wind provides both a challenge for novice and professional golfers alike and can be both an ally and friend. Bahamas golf courses provide a mentally stimulating experience that is bathed in the beauty of experiencing the Caribbean.
5 Top Golf Courses in The Bahamas
From the 12 expertly-crafted golf courses nestled in the Bahamas, we will look at some of the top golf courses that you can find yourself in on your next trip to the exotic location.
The following courses are our pick for the best courses and in no particular order, they are as follows:
- Paradise Island Golf Club: On the exclusive Paradise Island just off the coast of Nassau is the beautiful Paradise Island Golf Club. The 7,100-yard 18-hole golfing experience is a par 72 championship golf course. It was designed by the great Tom Weiskopf and is excellently maintained and one of the most popular courses in all of The Bahamas.
- Royal Blue Golf Club: On Nassau is another prestigious golf course known as the Royal Blue Golf Club. It was designed by the famous Jack Nicklaus and was the only course that he designed in The Bahamas. Expect to find lots of rolling sand dunes, bunkers, and pristine fairways.
- Sandals Emerald Bay Golf Course: A Greg Norman designed championship, Sandals Emerald Bay Golf Course on the Great Exuma stretches for 7,001 yards right alongside the shoreline making for some incredible views over the turquoise water.
- Albany Golf Course: On the beautiful Nassau and Paradise Island is the Albany Golf Course. Designed by the South African Ernie Els, the par 72 golf course stretches over 7,400 yards. The challenging water features and dunes make it a stimulating course. A 400-yard driving range is also located on the property.
- Lyford Cay Club: Another pristine golf course on Nassau is the Lyford Cay Club. Crafted by the American Dick Wilson in the 1950s, the 7,007-yard course offers a tropical garden golfing experience. It has visually-appealing bunkers and slightly raised putting surfaces amidst the exotic trees and immaculate greens making the championship golf course a must-play.
Playing Golf Near Paradise Landing
Paradise Landing on Paradise Island, Bahamas is a pristine island just off the coast of Nassau that offers an exclusive way to experience the Bahamas and the many championship golf courses. Paradise Landing is a gated community with one of the best deep-water superyacht marinas and its strategic location brings the whole of Paradise Island and Nassau to your fingertips.
Nassau and Paradise Island have many of the best golf courses in The Bahamas. Golfers visiting the Hurricane Hole Superyacht Marina have access to Paradise Island Golf Club, Royal Blue Golf Club, Lyford Cay Club, and the Albany Golf Course. These four expertly-crafted courses offer you the best-golfing experience from the luxury of your stay at Paradise Landing.
Get in touch with Paradise Landing by calling 242-677-1900 today to find out more about our luxury superyacht marina and amenities and get your golf clubs ready for an unmatched golfing experience.