Nassau: A Bahamas Slice of Caribbean Paradise
Nassau is the largest city in The Bahamas, with a population of around 275,000 residents — about 70% of the entire country’s population. Nassau Bahamas is a city with a storied history that includes the interwoven lives of pirates, British imperialists, and enslaved people from Africa and native Bahamians, with old-world and colonial architecture integrated into a modern and bustling metropolis.
When flying into The Bahamas, visitors will land at Lynden Pindling International Airport, a convenient 9.9 miles from the city center, the hub of cultural activities, sightseeing, restaurants, shopping, and more. Come for the Junkanoo festival for a colorful street parade on December 26 and January 1 of each year, or walk the streets and do some shopping in the local craft stores, peruse the Straw Market, or enjoy the Pirates of Nassau Museum while taking in this Caribbean paradise.
Best of all, visitors and residents of Nassau Bahamas will have access to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, making it a true island paradise.
6 Ways to Dive into Water Activities in Nassau
Enjoying the water is one of the biggest activities for tourists and visitors to The Bahamas, as well as permanent residents of this beautiful country. The water is clear and blue, the sand is soft, and there is plenty of marine life to see.
Some of the best ways to dive into water fun in Nassau Bahamas include:
- Snorkeling in the Ruins Lagoon, which is home to over 20,000 pelagic and deep reef fish, including sharks, tropical fish, and spotted rays — all of which can be seen while staying safe in a protective enclosed area amongst replica ruins inspired by the lost city of Atlantis.
- Meet stingrays up close and personal in a stingray experience. Snorkel with and feed cownose stingrays in a waist-deep shallow lagoon and learn more about these fascinating sea creatures.
- Dive along the Great Bahama Bank to see legendary shipwrecks or the legendary Fish Hotel coral reef, or those feeling brave enough can check out the Lost Blue Hole, a natural oceanic crater that is 80 feet in diameter and around 300 feet deep.
- Charter a boat for an easy ride captained by expert seafarers. Take family members or workmates on a fishing trip, snorkeling, or voyage to a private island for a relaxing day on a remote beach.
- Rent a water toy like a paddleboard, a Jet Ski, or a simple water floaty to enjoy the day playing in the crystal-clear waves.
- Bring the kids for pool adventures at Aquaventure at Atlantis, a wild and crazy water-themed attraction with 20 swimming areas, 11 pools (with three pools for kids), waterslides, a river ride, and more. At the Mayan temple, enjoy a safari slide that takes riders on a journey through caves and jungles, and the leap of faith that offers a nearly 60-foot vertical drop, followed by a clear acrylic tunnel that goes through a shark-filled lagoon.
A Look at Nassau’s Warm Weather and Beautiful Beaches
Nassau Bahamas has a consistently warm climate, with hot, wet summers and mild, dry winters, so visitors can enjoy themselves any time of year. A visit to Cable Beach, the hotel district on the water, will provide visitors with access to incredible food and shopping, as well as Baha Mar, a luxury resort and casino. When going to the beach in Nassau or just across the bay on Paradise Island, along with the powdery white sandy beaches and sunshine 300 days a year, guests can walk into the 80-degree waves to take a casual swim, cool off from the heat from the Caribbean sun, and see nearby coral reefs and tropical fish.
Popular beaches in or near Nassau Bahamas include Cable Beach, Arawak Cay, Love Beach, Saunders Beach, Junkanoo Beach, Cave Beach, Montagu Beach, and Jaws Beach, each with their own character and natural beauty. Exclusive private beaches can also be accessed through club memberships and all-inclusive resorts.
Live Near Nassau Bahamas and Embrace the Island Lifestyle
Just across the bay from Nassau, Paradise Island is known for its mix of houses, casinos, resorts, and marinas, including the world-class Hurricane Hole Superyacht Marina. After an extensive redesign and expansion, Hurricane Hole is proud to be the best Bahamas Marina by offering cutting-edge amenities, the ability to dock yachts of any size, and the availability of in-slip fueling — a first of its kind feature for any marina in The Bahamas.
Surrounding Hurricane Hole, Paradise Landing at Paradise Island features a growing community of residences, businesses, and services, all just steps away from the world-famous Atlantis Paradise Island resort and conveniently near all the transportation, dining, shopping, and entertainment anyone could want.
Whether making a home at The Residences at Paradise Landing or buying or renting a boat slip at the prestigious Hurricane Hole Superyacht Marina, Paradise Island residents and guests can look forward to the best features of island paradise, including:
- On-site concierge services available 24 hours a day.
- A growing number of restaurants right at Paradise Landing offering a mix of casual and fine dining.
- 24-hour uniformed security to keep residents and visitors safe and secure.
- A new flagship store for 700 Wines & Spirits that offers dockside delivery.
- Quality Care Pharmacy, which focuses on a holistic practice and offers more than might be expected at a pharmacy.
- A soon-to-open gourmet grocery store and wellness center.
Residents of Paradise Landing will also receive an exclusive membership opportunity at the Ocean Club Golf Course and the Ocean Beach & Tennis Club on Cabbage Beach, as well as access to the most exclusive marina in The Bahamas: Hurricane Hole Superyacht Marina. Featuring slips up to 420 feet long with floating and fixed docks, a 240-foot turning basin, and more world-class features, this marina has been designed to suit the biggest and most luxurious superyachts. Hurricane Hole offers top-tier service and an attention to detail sure to please any yacht captain, guest, or crew member, including boat detailing and cleaning services, dockside mobile pump-out services, and laundry facilities.
Best of all, Hurricane Hole is a designated port of entry for any non-Bahamian registered vessels, offering on-site customs clearance and immigration services and eliminating the need to find a port of entry elsewhere before settling in. The team is ready to take care of the process while yacht crews and guests relax or enjoy their time at The Residences at Paradise Landing.
Hurricane Hole and Paradise Landing are only minutes away from downtown Nassau, so Bahamas residents and guests are never far from the hustle and bustle of city life. If a gorgeous afternoon on the water sounds better, yachts are docked right there at Hurricane Hole, ready to go as desired.
Relax and take it easy at Paradise Landing. Everything needed is just steps away, so breathe in the warm salt air and enjoy living on island time near Nassau in The Bahamas.
To find out more about the luxury residences at Paradise Landing and get ready for the next chapter of Bahamas life, call the service desk at 242-677-1900 or email email@example.com, or contact the Hurricane Hole Superyacht Marina team at 242-603-1950 to buy or rent a boat slip at the best marina in The Bahamas.